Black Lava - 500mll.
- Black lava cinders is an ideal component for bonsai soil.
- 100% natural volcanic scoria, neutral PH level.
- Heavier than pumice and perlite. When watering will not float to the top.
- Improves soil drainage, it lets air go through freely. Oxygen is essential for roots developments.
- Black lava does not break down easily, and does not decolorize easily.
- The best additive for older potted specimens that does not require frequent re potting.
- All of our black lava have been sieved to discard dust and coarse particles.
- Can also be used for top dressing, its wet-dry color helps set water schedules.
MAKING YOUR OWN BONSAI SOIL MIX:
- Deciduous trees and broad-leaf evergreens require more soil and mulch.
- Conifers require more sand and less soil and mulch.
- For young stage Bonsai or unhealthy tree, the mix should be coarse.
- When Bonsai does not required much growth, use smaller size sand and less mulch.
- For potting purposes, use chopsticks to tease apart roots and drive fresh soil around newly pruned roots.
- This step also helps eliminate air pockets in the medium.
-Black lava will be sent in a paper bag.